Responsible for general operation of Gift Shop, including guest service, cleanliness, organization, stocking, and upkeep of Gift Shop facility, as well as addressing & resolving guest issues and adhering to the hotels’ sustainability guidelines
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provides prompt, efficient, and courteous service to guests at all times.
* Maintains the daily operation of the gift shop within the guidelines of retail operating procedures.
* Collects payment for merchandise and follows all cash handling policies and procedures.
* Assists in merchandising functions as inventory receiving, stocking, and merchandise pricing.
* Visually display all merchandise to enhance the profitability of the shop.
* Assists guests by suggesting products based on immediate needs and up-selling products.
* Sweep, dust, clean, and organize merchandise. Maintain clean and organized work area to ensure safety issues are minimized, as well as recycling, water and energy conservation.
* Promptly report or resolve any guest complaints or issues in the store.
OTHER DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Respond to customer complaints and special requests
* Participate in general cleaning projects as required
* Maintain highest level of customer service and guest satisfaction, according to the standards set forth by Blue Spirit
* Ensure compliance with health and sanitation policies in all areas
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
* Must be a self-starter and be able to work with little or no direct supervision during the shift.
* Be courteous
* Show genuine care for all co-workers and guest(s)
* The ability to work well in a team environment
* Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment.
* Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times.
* Must possess outstanding guest services skills and professional presentation.
* Must be effective at handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary.
* Basic computer knowledge (Mac Os, Office)
* Must be physically fit in order to lift and move merchandise, etc. up to 20 pounds.
* Must have a very flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
* Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Previous work experience as a gift shop attendant or similar role
The hotel operates seven days a week, 24 hours a day. We may find it necessary to re-schedule shifts according to our business volume. You must be willing and available to fulfill changing operational demands.
It is essential that you have transportation to/from work.
Must be legal to work in Costa Rica and live locally.
***ONLY CANDIDATES WHO LIVE IN NOSARA, GARZA OR SURROUNDINGS.***
Please apply by sending your curriculum to [email protected] or fill out the form below.
Check out all current job openings here.